With your support, we can provide free or low cost STEM programs for schools, launch new research projects, and sponsor local sustainable food entrepreneurs.
- $20 offsets a vendor fee for a community organization, garden or school at our market
- $50 allows us to distribute healthy food incentives for low income family at our farmers market.
- $100 provides a free hands-on STEM workshop for up to 30 youth from Back of the Yards or other under resourced schools.
- $150 can support new and ongoing circular economy research projects, including evaluating the efficiency of different indoor growing methods.
***We are in the midst of our May giving campaign. Our goal is to receive 100 donations in the month of May! Anybody who donates at any level will be entered into a raffle to win a Black Hole Duffel Bag from Patagonia!***
Below are just some of the things your donations helped to support in 2017:
- Provide hands-on STEM education on circular economy principles to over 2,200 youth from the Chicago region
- Distribute over $3,700 of Link and Healthy Food incentives to low-income families to buy fresh, local produce
- Provide support for 35 small vendors though our market, close to 2/3 women or minority owned businesses, while diverting over 80% of market “waste” materials from the landfill
- Publish numerous open-source research projects on our website, in collaboration with local research institutions and small businesses
Plant Chicago is a registered 501(c)3 organization; all donations are tax-deductible.